What happens when you plan a 9 day event BUT eBay only has 7 or 10 day options???
Answer: You get to party for an extra day!
You may notice that some items have not closed. It took 2 days to list the auction items, so it will take a while for it to come to a close.
A Note from pearls and TinkNCognito
Over 20 years ago, I watched my Mother battle cancer. Tink lost her Mother to cancer. As this auction happened, a dear friend lost her Sister-in-law to cancer. The positive lining to this dark cloud is that treatment and early detection of cancer has improved the chances of survival for women, men, and children. Cancer is no longer the automatic death sentence it once was. My Sister-in-law has had an extra decade to watch her daughter grow into a beautiful young lady. And Tink's Sister is continuing her battle. We are grateful to all the researchers and fundraisers that have worked to make this come about.
Literature has also noticed the survivors. The role of cancer was once to provide the pain and angst in the story. Now cancer is the jumping board to a new lease on life. Authors have delved into the psyches and fears of survivors and helped them to reach for their stars. The cancer heroine is now a source of inspiration.
Many of our auction authors have heroines who are cancer survivors. In Sable Hunter's Cowboy Heat, Libby has spent most of her young life in hospitals. Now that she is in remission, she plans on LIVING! Skye Michael's Anne's Courage follows the journey of a breast cancer survivor as she deals with her body image issues. And this year's Literary Ambassador Linda Gillard shared her fears from her own fight with cancer in the Gothic romance Cauldstane. The Warrior Goddesses spirit is alive and well in these heroines.
So I sought out additional novels that featured cancer survivors to list here for you. I must send a shout out to the bloggers at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books who first compiled these titles in 2011. I simply cleaned it up and added a few titles. Please feel free to add to the list in the comments below:
Romance Novels with Cancer Surviving Heroines
- A Wife Worth Waiting For by Maggie Kingsley
- Absolution by Kaylea Cross
- Anne's Courage by Skye Michaels
- Away From Me by Sophie Oak
- Barefoot in the Grass by Judith Arnold
- Because of You by Jessica Scott
- Broken Destiny by Sally Wentworth
- Cowboy Heat by Sable Hunter
- Cruise Control by Sarah Mayberry
- Fix You by Mari Carr
- Here Comes the Groom by Karina Bliss
- His Perfect Woman by Kay Stockham
- His Tattooed Virgin by Heather Rainier
- Home for the Holidays by Sarah Mayberry
- Legacy of the Wolf by Lori King
- Lover Eternal by J.R Ward
- Mystery of the Mermaid by Merla Zellerbach
- Night Game by Christine Feehan
- Reconstructing Natalie and it’s by Laura Jensen Walker
- Seaview Inn by Sherryl Woods
- Snowbound by Larissa Ione
- Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
- The Last Good Man by Katherine Eagle
- The Older Woman by Cheryl Reavis
- The Man Who Saw Her Beauty by Michelle Douglas
- The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
- Time is a River by Marie Alice Monroe
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata
- Uplift by Barbara Delinsky
- Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning
- Wish You Were Here by Christie Ridgway
The volunteers at The Pink Door nonprofit work to provide help with real life Warrior Goddesses as they too reclaim their lives. A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who helped by promoting and/or donating to this charity auction. I would especially like to thank Natasha Blackthorne who organized a kick-ass Twitter campaign.
We have already passed the total raised last year, so Thank You to all those who bid on auction items. I will be working next week to get the winner's names to the authors. Please remember our wonderful sponsoring authors who donated their books and swag!